Due to the ongoing restrictions our normal face to face quarterly networking event was replace by a Virtual breakfast meeting over ZOOM!
Introducing two new members of the team, Caroline Snewin, Laura Earl and holding a lively discussion via the breakout room functionality felt like the New Normal!
Our Breakout room discussions covered the following topical areas:
- System by Default – Risk and Opportunities
- COVID 19 – Recovering System and Financial Performance
- Quality Improvement – What does it look like now
A key theme across all these areas, was the numerous examples of innovation (e.g. video consultations) that have been rapidly implemented to meet the demands of patient care/quality in a Covid world.
However, has time for evaluation and reflection been planned to assess whether this is meeting the expectations of patients, and from a legal and regulatory perspective that there are no patient groups who have fallen through the cracks.
Another key part of the session was testing new techniques and technology that consultants can use to support clients virtually. We used the ZOOM breakout rooms, tested different methods of interaction from “White Board” function within ZOOM and a third party “Mind Mapping” software.
Our takeaway points
- Breakroom functionality works exceptional well, and can mirror the benefits of a face to face workshop
- Structure in breaks in between ZOOM Meetings for a Refresh and Refocus
- Experiment with different technology platforms /Apps – there are loads of apps out there which can make engaging with your teams/clients that little bit easier while we are working in a remote capacity
For further information about Clarity or the topics discussed in our breakfast meeting email firstname.lastname@example.org